For more detail see www.fabasa.co.za
André is an ACCREDITED FAMILY BUSINESS CONSULTANT and the co-founder and Chief Convener of FABASA (FAMILY BUSINESS ASSOCIATION OF SOUTH AFRICA) and has consulted more than 200 family businesses in SA and elsewhere over the last 7 years.
FABASA focus on the best practices in the world for family owned businesses and is linked to international family business institutions , such as FFI.
The primary focus
- Governance structures for family businesses, with a FAMILY BUSINESS CONSTITUTION, to ensure a fair balance between:
- the interest of the FAMILY (family harmony, inter & intra generational challenges, sibling rivalry etc.)
- the interest of the BUSINESS (proper business structures to ensure emotions do not impact on sound business decisions
- Professional Succession planning
- Creating a values-based family business to adhere to increasing regulation (governance)